Wednesday, May 13, 2015

How many wonders can one cavern hold?

DSC_0360 DSC_0359 DSC_0855 DSC_0852 DSC_0875 DSC_0984 DSC_0889 DSC_0888 DSC_0903 DSC_0140 DSC_0129 DSC_0980 DSC_0853 DSC_0186 DSC_0101 DSC_0945 DSC_0042 DSC_0224 DSC_0385 DSC_0275 DSC_0251 DSC_0257 DSC_0328 DSC_0854 DSC_0327 DSC_0323

Hello from Museum Kereta Api Ambarawa (Ambarawa Train Museum)!
My friend and me went to another backpacking sort-of trip to Semarang last April, but we made sure to have a stop at Ambarawa, where this museum is located! Besides, my private teacher since kindergarten until primary school has settled there since she abstained from tutoring activity, so it would be really nice we think, to visit this museum which has been in my bucket list since the day I saw it on newspaper article....┌(⊙෴⊙)┘♪ and to have a little gathering reminiscing my childhood once again. I swear my tutor played a big part in shaping me the way I am now...huhu she was still exactly the same kind personality since 15 years ago, only now less energetic and thinner :')

The first day during out trip was spent moving; train ride from Jakarta (my first time in a long train ride, enjoyed the scenery!), handling half of our luggages to the Semarang guest house for the sake of travelling comfortably, left Semarang to Ambarawa with our backpacks by public transportation,...
We left Jakarta home as early as 5.30 AM, only to arrive at our rented guest house in Ambarawa by 6 PM. Haha so exhausting, our clothes were all sticky and wet from the sweat (eeek)

By the time we arrived at the train museum, it was around 2 PM already, but it seemed like because it was weekday,  besides us there were just couples and teenage girls taking photo. It drizzled a bit after we got there, so the weather was perfectly mild.
They have huge collection of locomotives with historical value. Also memorabilia from the good old days when the museum was still actively used as train station. I enjoyed skimming through the collections at the display room while admiring the interior at the same time.

By the way, I found a fact that the retired station master is a neighbour of my tutor, he's still working at the museum (managing the museum, I think?) and his house has this train shaped carving on the garden wall, so cute!
Another tidbit, my teacher told me that when the evening comes, strange sounds could be heard from inside of the museum...because, you know, it's been there since 1837 plus I'm pretty sure that the locomotives were a lot of help for the heroic act of Indonesians, during the struggle for independence (˶′◡‵˶  )
Anyway if you plan to go here don't miss the historical train tour which only opened for reservation on Sunday. It seemed that all my luck had been used for my last exam, because I left Ambarawa for Semarang on Saturday...but no worries, I'll definitely come back in the future ゚+。:.゚ヽ(*´∀`)ノ゚.:。+゚

1 comment :

  1. It's nice that you got to meet your old tutor again. What I love about old train stations is how they are so sturdy and classic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending your time on my blog, I always enjoy reading the thoughts you left here.
Write to me—prisiliafelicia@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...