Sunday, June 23, 2013

My dreams are dancing

Um, hello! It's been a long time, isn't it? Well for me it is because I finally went to Japan on Tuesday, and just came back on Friday. It was only a good 4 days. I still think I'm really lucky because I got to visit a country I've been dreaming of even just for short period of time.

DSC_0005
The first time I stepped my foot into Narita Airport I immediately realized that Japan (okay, Tokyo) has this particular aroma. It's not that I love to sniff things I just saw (!!) But it's just like when you come to someone's house and you can smell that specific scent. In other places I found the smell inside buildings, but in Japan I could feel it everywhere...Maybe it's just me because I'm weird like that but I'd just like to know if anyone ever felt the same? ٩(๑`ȏ´๑)۶

DSC_0260DSC_0263
Starting from the third day I always woke up at 6 in the morning, left the hotel along with my camera, and before the breakfast time started I already showed up at the hotel again. I wanted to experience what it feels like to be a normal Tokyo resident so on that day I walked around, turned wherever I felt like to and bought something from conbini (you will find them in any kind of place). Then sat on park bench (this, also is everywhere) and started munching my food. The weather on Tsuyu is nice when it's not windy. It was mild, tad cold, and it was just perfect.

DSC_0813 DSC_0184 DSC_0815 DSC_0818 DSC_0817
DSC_0819

The trip overall was really fun. I got to visit many districts and meet amazing people. I love being in Tokyo because I had tons of walking companions with muscly calves (just like myself....), and even though most people are pretty and skinny and stylish I didn't feel out of place; I met numbers of cute chubby girls and they were freaking concerned about what they wore.

The only thing I regret is I didn't have fun enough. I spent too much time trying to find perfect souvenirs for everyone, worrying about small matter like that when I myself don't have much time to enjoy between the strict schedules of the tour. Some more my father got pissed off of me too because he thought I already bought too many things (that is waaaay cheaper in Japan than in any Indonesian online shop). Actually compared to other people in our tour group, ours were just like 1/4 of what they bought hahaha. But I'm still a grateful and obedient and calculative daughter so in the end I only bought things I thought I really needed, in an enough, erm, small amount. Just hoping people will be considerate because vacation in fact is for, well, purely relaxing, and above was the real reason why I didn't manage to get all stuffs people ask. I'm sorry. Maybe next time I'm going anywhere I won't tell people at all. Not intending to be rude but that's what I feel, really.
And I think stuffs in Japan are not that expensive. Not because I'm rich or I'm a spoiled brat, but really. It's not as cheap as it can get in Indonesia, but if you dig more, you'll find. I've found plenty of ¥390-ish small restaurants (mostly ramen and the price is written in front of the shop), onigiri at conbini is around ¥110 if you're really running out of money, I bought shorts as cheap as ¥490 in Ginza; that high-end shopping place, and brought home a ¥913 brand new Olive des Olive (!!!) knit outerwear. Wooo seems like my cheapskate sense has increased! ƪ(ˆ▽ˆ)ʃ For the trip I will make a haul post!

Anyway that's all for the long wordy post. There will be more post about Japan. I hope you won't be bored. 

13 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Congratz on finally visiting Japan! I know so many people who dream of visiting that country and only a few really get the chance to do so. :) I've been going to Japan back and forth since I was 10 yrs old (but only for a few days for every visit) The last time I was there, It was back in 2007-2008. I'd love to go back there again!

    http://tabachui.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really envy your trip to Tokyo and still can't believe that Indonesia is much more expensive than Japan?! :)
    Looking forward to your haul post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woooow i think your trip so fun !! i hope i'll go to japan oneday. Btw please vote me for laneige ambassador from indonesia and join my giveaway maybe you're the lucky one

    http://sabrinamaida.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aah, I want to go too <3 I'll be looking forward to all your posts about Japan :3 A friend of mine who went to Japan also noted the smell!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw wow. Japan looks like a lot of fun! (: I love how you can buy onigiri at the convenience stores!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Japan looks empty.. but nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. geez! I really wanna visit Japan too >< you went there with tour and by yourself? woaaah! have fun, and forget about the souvenirs a lil bit. hihi :D
    can't wait for the next post. thanks for your kind comments on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These picturse are sensational! Japan is no. 1 on my bucket list :)

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete
  10. lucky!!! I wanna go to Japan as well!!! I envy you >w<

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great place to visit!
    love to playing at there :D

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending your time on my blog, I always enjoy reading the thoughts you left here.
Write to me—prisiliafelicia@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...